Santa Fe Cheesecake
This was a hit at Ashley and Greg=s wedding reception in PA!
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 -8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 -4 ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped fine
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 cup chopped orange or yellow bell pepper to garnish
- 2 cup chopped tomatoes to garnish
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives to garnish
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, combine tortilla chips and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan and bake for 15 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and eggs until well blended. Mix in shredded cheese, green chilies, jalapeno pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over tortilla chip crust and bake for 30 minutes. Spread sour cream evenly over warm cheesecake. Run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen from pan. Cool before removing rim of pan. Chill thoroughly.
Garnish cheesecake with peppers, tomatoes and olives before serving.